Dozens, almost 40 museums have folded since 2020.
A leader in the “Tactile Museum” movement, we are THE ONLY car museum that allows public rides in our collection, and we are in imminent peril of closing.
During the pandemic, our founder and major sponsor passed unexpectedly. Without that sponsorship – we have no sustainable future. Our fundraising efforts are to enable our continued day-to-day operations as we seek to reclaim bookings lost to the pandemic.
An active part of the El Segundo community for more than 15 years, providing cars for many municipal events, the Zimmerman also currently provides these programs:
- Rides for Warriors — Veterans are invited to ZADM for free tours and lunch, transportation to the museum provided by UCLA Mend and our local VAs.
- Ladies Car Care — not only for women but taught by female mechanics!
- High School Restoration Program — in collaboration with Da Vinci High School, we provide shop classes for high school credit.
- Scholarship Program — in collaboration with El Camino College, we have averaged three $1500 grants per school year since establishing the Myrna Zimmerman Automobile Driving Museum Scholarship program six years ago.
- Meeting Space — The Zimmerman provides weekly meeting space for the El Segundo Rotary Club and Rotary International District 5280 events.
These are important, vital community connections that need to be continued!
Last year, ZADM hosted more than 30,000 visitors, hosted 150+ events, and still, we have people commenting “I didn’t know you were here, what an experience you provide!” We have momentum, we just need to close a financial gap through the end of this year.
The Zimmerman Automobile Driving Museum’s mission is to collect, preserve, exhibit, and ride in historic vehicles. We cannot do that without you, please consider donating and helping raise awareness — we want to survive!