[column grid=”2″ span=”1″]
[column grid=”2″ span=”1″] In 1936 the Morgan 4/4 was first introduced as Morgan Motor Company’s first car. The 4/4 later became the Plus 4 and then Series 2 4/4 in 1956; 4/4 stood for four cylinders and four wheels. The vehicles Morgan had produced prior to the 4/4 were three-wheelers with V-twin engines.
Throughout the years there have been many variations, body styles, and series of the original 4/4. Production of Morgans has been nearly constant since the beginning except for a short halt-of-production during World War II. During the war it manufactured anti-aircraft gun parts and undercarriage components.